Ulysses Taranaki is a dynamic Club of motorcycle enthusiasts who also like to socialise.
Sometimes members (old and new) forget what being a member of the Ulysses club has to offer and what a great time members all over NZ have.
Ever wondered what you get for your Ulysses sub money? (Other than the great times you have with the people in the Taranaki Branch of course ☺).
The list compiled below is a brief summary of what you receive for your annual subscriptions:
- Membership to one of the largest motorcycle clubs in Australasia, providing fellowship to the over 40’s motorcyclists.
- Publication of our Ulysses magazine in hard and digital copy.
- Our National bike raffle. This is a major undertaking, with hours and hours of time put into it.
- National representation with ACC and other government departments in relation to motorcycling matters.
- A national communication network, including email, Mail chimp newsletters, website and Facebook page. This allows branches and members to communicate freely between each other.
- The supply of Ulysses club branded gear through the National Quartermaster.
- Financial and administration support provided by the club’s contracted administrator.
- PR banners, business cards etc.
- Correct accounting and use of club funds.
- A support system for branches and members to call on for information and support with club procedures and disciplinary matters.
- A product and service discount scheme. This offers discounts on ferry travel, bike insurance, accommodation, auto stores, VTNZ, clothing ranges and many other outlets.
- Rider training and mentoring.
- Supports the planning and running of the Ulysses yearly AGM and national rally, attended by many members.
- Biennial Co-ordinators/Presidents workshop which supports and strengthens the branch network.
- Welcome packs and membership cards for new members.
- Rules, policies and procedures to help guide branches and members.
- Plenty of fun and enjoyment with like-minded people.
About The Ulysses Club NZ
The Ulysses Club of NZ Inc. for older motorcyclists – one of the largest organisations of its kind in New Zealand – is now a familiar part of this country’s riding scene. All of our branches hold regular rides and social get togethers, for more information on events in your region go to the Branches page and either click on the link to your local branch website, or email or telephone the branch contact for more information. Usually they will be able to provide you with a runs list so you can go along.
You will find we are a friendly bunch and while we are a club for motorcyclists over 40, the emphasis is more on the social side of motorcycling. Spouses and partners are encouraged to take part in our events.